Susan D. Brandenburg, President of Susan the Scribe, Inc., is a professional biographer, journalist and freelance writer with more than thirty years of experience. Recently, in response to several requests, Susan has expanded her services to include mini-biographies and unique Memory Booklets for Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, and Memorials. Susan has also expanded her list of freelance writing services. Versatile and imaginative, Susan has won local, state and national recognition for excellence in communication. In 1999, Susan wrote the text and Mary Fisher Design provided the graphics for the Creative Environs International, Inc. Silver Addy Award winning Project Book. In 2003 and 2004, Susan's Women's Digest Cover stories received the American Heart Association's Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Communication. Susan wrote the Teacher's Guide for Holocaust Survivor Henri Landwirth's Gift of Life in America DVD in 2007 and compiled the materials and transcriptions for Stetson Kennedy's Key West Memoir, Grits & Grunts in 2008 (www.stetsonkennedy.com). Susan is President of Susan the Scribe, Inc., and a bi-weekly columnist for the St. Augustine Record newspaper. She specializes in human interest stories and in writing the life stories of extraordinary people. She has discovered, through writing articles, columns and biographies, that there are no ordinary people in this world. Everyone has a fascinating life story to share with future generations.
Award-Winning Biography -
Florida Writer's Association
2010 Royal Palm Literary Award
SHARECROPPER'S SON -The Story of Doc Garland Granger
An officer in the Jacksonville Branch of the National League of American Pen Women and a member of the Florida Writer's Association, Susan teaches a course, WRITING YOUR LIFE STORY, through the University of North Florida's OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute). For information, call (904) 620-4200.
Current Writing Projects Include:
* A TIGER'S TALE - Memoir of Major Tiger Tom Brown U.S. Marine Corps - And the things his Mother taught him!
* MYCOLOGY - MY LIFE - Memoir of Paul A. Volz, Ph.D., Fascinating life as a NASA Pioneer, World Traveler, Explorer/Scientific Researcher, Diplomat, Educator, Mentor, Historian, Collector and Philanthropist.
* JOSHUA'S MAP (working title for book or documentary) Compiling information for the story of young Joshua Miles Frase, born with a rare muscular disease, Myotubular Myopathy; passed away 12/24/2010 at age 15, leaving a legacy of groundbreaking, life-saving gene therapy research funded by The Joshua Frase Foundation (www.joshuafrase.org).
* THE PINK PRISON - Editing Memoir/Novel by Dr. Amy Jarvis
* LAND BE BRIGHT, A STETSON KENNEDY READER - Editing the late Activist and Author Stetson Kennedy's last book.
* WATCH ME RISE! Semone Blair-Walker has risen, like the Phoenix, from the ashes of despair. Her story will inspire millions of young women to turn to God in times of trouble and allow Him to be their guide.
Susan D. Brandenburg has earned a stellar reputation for talent, tenacity and quick turnaround. A talented writer, speaker, interviewer and researcher, Susan's motto, The Power of One, points to God as the generous provider of her gift of words. To Him be the glory.